Monday, July 25, 2011

Wedding Gown Selection

I feel like a hard-to-please bride.

Before signing with Rico-a-mona, I went to the bridal studio twice and in total tried at least 10 gowns both evening and wedding gowns.

My ideal wedding gown is princessy, with a big poofy bottom and a very long train.

I like this gown, because the bottom look big and long.. but not exactly the material that i wanted.




Maybe something like this.. but still not poofy enough.



This looks like a long train...


But if it is this long in tulle material will be very nice!



And this tube top look very intricate....

I was still deciding if i am going to MTM or taking OTR for my first gown selection. So i showed her the pics and tried a few that she suggested.

One of the gown that i have tried:

Not poofy or long train enough. And then we spend some time discussing on the material that i want.

For tulle material, it will be more poofy but the material is softer and thus will be more messy. Whereas for organza, it will not be able to create the poofy effect that i want but it will have a clean neat look.

It was a difficult decision to choose the perfect ideal wedding gown. But as i discussed with Jessie, she gets what i want and told me that she have something that i want in her new design ready only in April.

Since i couldnt decide if i am going for MTM, she have to rush her new collection in case i decided not go for her new OTR collection and there will still be sufficient time for MTM.

i went for the 2nd gown selection.. and indeed, i like the gown that she mentioned! It was so rushed that she have not sewed any embellishments.

But the train was still not long enough and although it is OTR, Jessie allows me to alter the gown. I have requested the train to be longer. Initially, she have informed that there will be additional charge, but in the end she didnt charge me. I have not added any embellishments for the top part but i am given the choice to add if i decided to.

There were many misunderstanding, miscommunication with the bridal studio but unlike reviews read on other bridal studio, so far, Jessie was very nice and easy to talk to. *thumbs up*

This is not the end.. 5-6 hours was spent at the bridal studio just to finalize my wedding gown. Coming up... evening gown!

-Adeline-

No comments:

Post a Comment